|When:||Thursday, June 21, 2012|
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
|Where:||The Robert H Lurie Medical Research Center of Northwestern University, Baldwin Auditorium
303 E. Superior
Chicago, IL 60611 map it
+1 847 491 7435
On June 18 (Evanston campus) and June 21 (Chicago campus), the Office of Foundation Relations will offer a best practices workshop for seeking private foundation limited submissions funding—grant opportunities for which the University may nominate a limited number of candidates. All interested faculty and research administrators are welcome.
This workshop will address limited submissions grant seeking in the sciences (typically for early career faculty) and the humanities (for faculty at all career stages). Detailed information for producing winning applications to these highly competitive programs, relevant across all disciplines, will be shared.
Workshop topics include:
• Limited submissions private foundation funding opportunities at Northwestern
• Northwestern’s internal processes for selecting limited submission candidates
• Tips and insights from current Northwestern faculty awardees
• Interpretation of foundation guidelines for maximum advantage
• Strategic writing approaches for creating compelling, persuasive research statements
Please feel free to bring a brown bag lunch to the workshop. We will provide dessert, coffee, tea, and water.
RSVP encouraged to Susan Fisher Miller at email@example.com or (847) 491-7547.