Thursday, June 27, 2013
1:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Where: McGaw Pavilion, Daniel Hale Williams Auditorium, 2nd Floor, 240 E. Huron, Chicago, IL 60611 map it
Audience: Faculty/Staff - Student - Public
Category: Lectures & Meetings
Join us to discuss how to best serve populations with special health care needs in Illinois. As Illinois continues to develop its Medicaid managed care system, we will explore how to coordinate care across settings by promoting collaboration among existing providers/community entities and the managed care organizations. Recommendations developed at the conference can influence Illinois’ federal CMMI planning grant process.
Speakers and Organizations Include:
• Art Jones, Health Management Associates [facilitator]
• Michael Gelder, Senior Health Policy Advisor to Governor Quinn
• Karen Batia, Together4Health
• Daisy Feidt, Access Living, Illinois Network of Centers for Independent Living
• Pamela F. Rodriguez, TASC (serving the prison-involved population)
• Coordinated Care Alliance (a collaborative of Illinois’ Care Coordination Units)
• Managed Care Organizations under contract with the Department of Healthcare and Family Services (invited)
This event is FREE to the public, but space is limited. Attendees are required to register.